Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Book Meme

Tagged by Maria from Eclectically Yours for the book meme floating around the blog world.

Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Book closest to me is The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron.

Sentences are:

There is something enlivening about expanding our self-definition, and a risk does exactly that. Selecting a challenge and meeting it creates a sense of self-empowerment that becomes the ground for further successful challenges. Viewed this way, running a marathon increases your chances of writing a full-length play.

And there is a cool quote in the margin that I have to include. Just because I can’t follow rules. I am bad like that.

“There is no must in art because art is free.” - Wassily Kandinsky

I have seen this meme on almost every blog I visited today so if you stumble upon this and haven’t been tagged yet, then consider yourself tagged by me.

1 comment:

Maria said...

OH, I LOVE that quote. Thanks for being a sport and being tagged!

maria
eclecticallyyours.typepad.com