Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

How one thing leads to another.

Playing with Corel Paint with the kids.
roses

Sketchbooks
Photobucket

We worked on some “do art” lessons geeArt16 today. We made our own sketchbooks which was really fun. Boy luvs the stapler. (luv = the spelling I use for crush or obsession.) Anything that shoots sharp metal objects has a special allure for him. I decorated my cover in my best highschool doodle style that brought music from The Cure to mind. (Since my highschool experience is sort of dominated by both doodling and The Cure.) So I was humming “Boys Don’t Cry” and “Love Cats” until I visited Katherine’s blog here.

Then I had the lyrics of “Hallelujah” in my head from the quote that started her post. So much so that I had to check for it on youtube. That led to me finding a version of the song that k.d. lang sang. So then of course I had to go to itunes and buy it. Because I luv her more than my boy luvs staplers. Don’t get me wrong. I am straight. Yeah, I know, I don’t get it either.



Wow, I just found another version of the song. If you like it at all check out this one, here. Embedding was disabled on it, but it is worth the click over.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

HOLY SHIT, THAT IS THE CLIP THAT INSPIRED THE WHOLE POST. that very one!

Oh, I do LOVE kd. Very much.

It gets weirder. I just went and youtubed up the Love Cats video from the Cure yesterday.

We are on some kind of music wavelength, you and me, huh?

Mommylion said...

Now I've got twighlight zone music stuck in my head. :) Wow, great minds and all that?

Her voice is just so amazing. I played that clip for my daughter today and she and I got teary-eyed at the same part, which was such a neat moment as a parent. Of course it also can be a statement of how strong the sappiness gene runs in our family too.