Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good Bad Happy Sad

We've been eating gluten free for almost four days. I am pleased and a bit disturbed to already see improvements in my daughter. I even feel less foggy, less achy. Just a bit overwhelmed by what this might mean for us. Peanut free hasn't been very hard at all ever since the little guy's major reaction. Gluten free is a whole other game.

We'll see after we've been in the trenches a bit longer. I hope it gets easier though. Usually I am fine with stuff like this, but something in me fights this one hard. I think it is the fear of losing the option of eating out and relying on the pizza dude to brighten my Friday night. Is it possible to live without that? :) Of course it is... Just letting my Eeyore out to roam a bit tonight.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Dang! I've never gone gluten free. It seems like the ultimate dietary challenge. I'm sorry. Is it one of those intolerances that can get better over time? So that one day you can have some pizza and its ok?

Been enjoying your blog btw, : ) K

Maria said...

Oh, I hear you on the rebellious part. I think part of why I can't go raw again is because I'm really ticked it works so stinking well. I don't want it to. I want my cake and eat it too...literally.

Glad this is working for you! And never think of having a slice of pizza as "cheating" it ruins the whole thing.

sunt_lacrimae_rerum said...

Good luck with this! I know that you can do it, but I also know how difficult it must be.