Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Okay, I totally lied.

I guess I am not taking a break. I wasn't trying to be dramatic. Just manic busy and today, well, it seems less busy. I am still getting calls, but out of the 16 calls I've had at least half of them were real jobs. 16 calls is still a high volume for us before 10am, but real jobs are quick, neat and pleasant to take. Flood jobs are sad, long and mostly counseling calls as I have to be the one to tell the people that their carpet can't be saved. Sometimes it is the last straw or close. I had 45 of those yesterday. It makes me sad. And I have had enough horrible insurance stories to make my skin crawl just thinking about that industry. Anyway, that isn't why I am back. I am back because I found this.

Characteristics of a Grateful Life
A life of gratitude is composed of three parts that combine to make a whole.

1. A sense of purpose in our lives
2. An appreciation for the lives of those around us
3. A willingness to take action to show the gratitude we feel

From Zen Habits, a blog I ADORE. It is a blog that makes me stop and breathe properly. Sometimes I print out his lists and just read them and feel better. I have been thinking a lot about gratitude lately. How I am so grateful for my life, my family and friends. Thinking about what gratitude is outside of a religious context. I was raised to feel gratitude so it is a habit for me already, but have been wanting to focus on it more so I can teach my children the words that belong with that emotion and lifestyle. And then this post shows up on my reader and sums it up so nicely.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Glad you are back. I missed you! ha, : ) Off to go read Zen Habits, thanks. K