Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

My daughter digs Photoshop...

Photobucket
Here is her latest digital creation using our new Photoshop program. She just loves it and absorbs every little menu and shortcut I show her. We've covered layers, history, healing brush, opacity, lens flares, different brushes and menu tools, hue/saturation and some contrast, lasso, magnetic lasso and fill... and on and on. All in a couple days. It does my heart good to hear her say things like, "Mommy, what is the shortcut for the hue/saturation menu again?" And I can thank GeeArt 16 for priming her on what hue and saturation is. Fun stuff. However, I am finding it harder and harder to find time for myself on the computer. We've had a lot of time together on the computer and so that has been very fun.

On a side note, I started a temporary job today. The other day I whined to my husband (and the universe) that I wished I had something that I could do for me outside of the house at least once a week. The next day my old job emailed me and asked me if I could give them any hours to help them through a busy patch. (Thanks universe. Now about the lottery...) And though we are in the midst of our busy home insanity, I jumped at the chance. I only promised one morning a week at the office, probably Fridays, and that I would do some stuff from home when needed. I will also run in on random afternoons if my schedule and desire level coincide. They are really open and grateful for any time I can give, and I couldn't ask for a more perfect fit for what I was looking for. A diversion that I can get paid doing. Awesome.

So off to the office I went today for four hours to do graphic arts stuff again. It has been three years since I did that stuff and I was up and running within 15 minutes. Only this time around it was all fun, fun, fun. Looming newspaper deadlines are nothing compared to people demanding food constantly :). I just left a message on our home business phone that I would be back in the office by 1:00pm and every person who called left a message! I was able to return all the calls and schedule them all, so no profit was lost by me being away for a few hours. Oh, and the kids hung out with big brother and grandma and had a blast. It has been such a fun way to get out of my recent slump. I always used to joke that the way to get over feeling overburdened was to get busier, and it still seems to be the case for me.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday weekend!

No comments: