Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Now THIS is a Sunday...

I remembered to take pictures this time :) I have a hard time remembering to take the camera out of the craft room. It is one of my goals to do better with that. Later when the man and I are old and forgetful we will want to see pictures of our littles playing much more than my crafty stuff. Not that I am giving up shooting those. Just both.

Photobucket
Ready to fly!!!

Photobucket
We need to raise the seat a bit.

Photobucket
The bike shop guy told us once she stopped using the training wheels most of the time to put the seat as low as possible and take the pedals off. She will scoot around on the bike for a week or so, learning the balance of it. Then once we put the wheels back on she'll be riding like a champ. He said it worked like a charm for his timid grand-daughter. I thought my girl was going to be timid on her big bike. She was for about three minutes then whoosh!!!

Photobucket
Check out that determination. Sigh... I love bikes.

Photobucket
And then there's this little daredevil. :)

Photobucket
See the cool back part where you can hitch a ride? I read a thread about this trike that called it "drunk uncle proof". That is good, he has a couple of those. :)

Photobucket
I can't believe how fun this thing is. Or that we bought a tricycle for our four year old. But he is actually using the smallest setting and my six year old (who is tall for her age) rides it with ease. My boy is happy to own a vehicle with some heft and speed to it. :)

Then after biking in the school parking lot, we played on the school playground. Which is lovely, shaded, huge and totally ABANDONED in the summer. Not like the crowded, intense and sometimes brutal public park playgrounds that are filled with cell phone mommies and helicopter daddies. We do brave those from time to time, but to do some serious, long term playing... off to school we go.

Photobucket
My husband lovingly refers to this as the 'wall of death'. As my kids like to climb half way up and suddenly freeze and fall to the ground like they were electrocuted. We can't figure out why they do this, or why they keep trying to climb it after falling off. And I can't figure out why I am sharing this actually as it is sort of odd, so forget I mentioned it... Moving on.

Photobucket
Rollie slides are the best. They make such a pleasing noise as the kids whoosh down them too.

Photobucket
Check out how they sneak in exercise equipment onto playground equipment now, and how my daughter falls for it. Sucker.

Photobucket
Fun was had by all.

Photobucket
Remember the mole that makes her look more like me? Here it makes it's first photographic appearance.

Later we went to a family reunion where the kids ran around like monkeys and the adults baked in the sun and talked about boring adult stuff. Full, fun day. Finally things are feeling more normal around this place :) The flooding earlier this year sort of delayed the beginning of summer for so many people. It was the running theme at the reunion today. But she is finally here in all her hot, buggy glory.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Lovely!

We took the pedals off our kids bikes. We called it "coasting." They coasted for a few weeks. When we put the pedals back on they put they feet up and they just rode away. Really. Exactly like that. They simply pedaled away. It was breathtaking.

love, Katherine

sunt_lacrimae_rerum said...

Great pictures!

Thank you so very much for the comment to my blog. They were the words I needed to hear. I know I am not alone; grief wells up, of course, but it is the price one pays for love.

Thank you again.