Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Playmobil... sigh...

Photobucket
Remember playing under the table? It was a magical, secret cave where play took on a whole new dimension.

Photobucket
No grownups allowed. Even if they are BIG fans of toys.

Photobucket
Being photographed in the sacred under-the-table zone, is borderline blasphemy.

Photobucket
But tolerated. Ignored is more accurate. As in - don't encourage the insane lady with the camera and eventually she will drift away to the computer. Then we can get all Lord of the Flies-ish. Nah. Well, not usually.

Photobucket
And playmobil toys + being under the table playing = Neverland

Photobucket
I know I ooze all over playmobil stuff on this blog. But I can't help it. I know it is plastic and all that, but oh my gosh, how can a grown person feel so much joy over these toys? Seriously.

Remember this? Remember the Playmobil bag my husband walked in carrying earlier today? The mushroom fairy with hedgehog, baby. Oh yeah. The daughter thinks it was for her. Ha! The son got the cool little pirate guys in the pics above.

It seems a bit spoilish around here with the new bikes and now new toys. But whenever my husband is in the next town over he is required to visit the coolest little toy shop within 200 miles of here. The only toy store near us that carries playmobil. He was there today and I somehow scheduled his day with a big break in between jobs. This is a grand scheme of mine actually. I mean, in a decade or so the kids will be all done with these toys, right? We will need something to do in retirement. We don't gamble and golf balls hate me. I wonder if I will even be able to sit under the table then. Better start with the yoga now that I am properly motivated.

No comments: