Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Riding in the car

Picking up daddy from work. The daughter tells me to play the 'coconut song', so I crank it up and we are singing. "Put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up." The car is our concert hall. You should see the looks we get when we are having a Johnny Cash sort of day.

Son: Mom, have you ever put the lime in the coconut?

Me: Why yes. Yes I have, son.

Son: What did you do with it?

Me: "Well, I drank it all up."

Son: "What did it taste like?"

Me: "Uhhh... kind of like the coconut smoothies I make sometimes."

Kids: "Blechhh!" (not lovers of the coconut, my children.)

What does that song even mean, really? I mean is it just about drinking? Sometimes I wonder how I passed the parenthood test, with all these random things I don't know. There was a test, wasn't there? Must have been multiple choice.

Oh well, whatever the meaning, I am sitting here stuck with a raging thirst for blended foo-foo drinks. Thanks, ipod. "Rum... I need rum, lad." (Muppet Treasure Island.)  There. My meager contribution to Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Thanks, Katherine for this link. Way to mix the coconut song with my muppet head nod. Perfect.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wg_L0wGTyA

Katherine said...

Isn't it wacko? The muppet show was so freaky. :)