Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Three Surprises

One... My digital camera takes decent video clips and they are compatible with my Mac. Yay!

Two... I was starting dinner so I cranked up my music in the kitchen. The ipod just picks whatever and Gary Owen comes blasting over the speakers from some random Kindermusik cd. Out of nowhere my kids came running and put on this little Irish dancing type display. I don't have any idea where it came from, but how funny! (I made them start over so I could get the beginning of the song and it lost a bit of the crazy freedom from the initial dance, but it is still cute. At least I think so :) )


My Silly Kids Dancing from Mommylion on Vimeo.

Three... My daughter can read!
Tonight she was flipping through her chapter book waiting for me to finish making the bed cozy. I told her to start reading to me while I worked and much to my surprise, she did! Just started reading fluently as if she always could.

She's been reading for awhile, but not chapter book type reading. I didn't realize she could pick up a solid page of words, and read. Out loud and with understanding. I sort of knew it would come together like this with her. She is a PERFECTIONIST to the core. She has to polish skills  to her acceptance level, then she shares. And the day she decided she was a reader was today. I cried. Happy tears. :)

2 comments:

rae said...

Adorable!!

What a day you had! Dancing AND Reading. WooHoo!

Katherine said...

BUT WOW THAT IS MARVELOUS! YOU HAVE A READER! HUGE NEWS!

yay :)