Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Camperdown Elm

Photobucket
This is my favorite tree and I am lucky enough to have it live in my yard. Someone wanted this tree to be here. A Camperdown Elm is not a tree that will grow naturally in the wild. It is a man-made tree.

Photobucket
I wonder who made it.

Photobucket
And why it ended up in my yard.

Photobucket
I wonder if they thought about the people who would love this tree.

Photobucket
I wonder if they ever got to see it huge and gorgeous like it is now.

Here are some shots I took of the tree this last winter.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Just awesome.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Ok. What is up with that cool tree? I've never seen one like it. The branches are....scrunched? Is scrunching done to them, or do they grow like that? So odd. And quite lovely.

Mommylion said...

It is a spliced tree. So it wouldn't grow like this without initial intervention, but then it is how the branches grow. They look like big bonsai trees. Our tree is an unnaturally large one. A local artist lives down the road from me and she stopped me once and told me she had painted a picture of our tree across the wall of her dining room. I thought it was a wonderful idea.