Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Caterpillar Photo Safari



The girl has been itching to take pictures of the caterpillars that are thriving around our favorite trail. First we took a hike by the dam to watch the salmon run, then while the boys hiked the Skyline Trail, (yes, the name is apt and it has a million stairs, so I got the best assignment here), the girls took some nature photos. (I took these pics, I haven't downloaded hers yet.)

Photobucket
The little guys that my girl has been talking about for weeks now. True love.

Photobucket
Can you find the frog?

Photobucket
Zoomed in... He's still hard to see, isn't he?

Photobucket
I think this is an American Cutter Moth Larva. It is what I have found so far in my google search. I will alter this post later if I find out differently. If anyone knows, please comment :)

Photobucket
She thinks of them as the stuffed animals of bugs I think.

Photobucket
Outdoor theater. This view reminded me of when I was in Teotihuacan, in Mexico. View of the pyramid stairs.

Photobucket
The daughter at the top of the 'pyramid'. I know, I am a dork.

Photobucket
Jaunty little photog shot. :)

1 comment:

rae said...

It looks like you had a great outing! Isn't it cool when the kiddos are entranced by nature's goodness?