Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let me guess... A headless wookie that's been shot?

Photobucket

No silly, it is my needle felted Santa. You can't tell? Okay, he still needs a little work. Yes, he is headless. I am still trying to work that part out. I might have him done in time for Easter, but I make no promises. We started decorating for Christmas today and by Saturday I expect we will have our other Santas out, so I might get all inspired and finish him all in a rush. Maybe. I do enjoy this new little hobby. But I also need to organize my kid's toys before the 'real' Santa visits. And by organize I mean donate, because seriously - where do they all even COME from?

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Is he stuffed with tinfoil? Does that work? Details, I need details...

Mommylion said...

Yes, I made a base structure of tinfoil since I don't have a spare sheep around and wool is expensive here. :)

I wrapped the foil with a little wire to make the final figure posable and then wound some thick wool yarn around all of that. The yarn is what I felted into. It seems to be pretty solid so far.

Katherine said...

Far out! Its light weight too, I guess. What an interesting idea. I can't wait to see Santa all done.