Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

New Obsession! Needle Felting!

Photobucket
The girl and I picked up a needle felting kit at the local yarn shop. Who knew this would be the project that would complete me? Why is it I am only just discovering this tiny corner of heaven? If only I had sheep. I need wool like I need air.

Photobucket
Daddy can't watch her with the needle. We both poked ourselves a couple times, but no blood. We're tough.

Photobucket
Finished little birdies. But we had withdrawal and had to go back for more wool. Seriously... this is a new addiction.

Photobucket
My new project. Hopefully it will be a fairy cat. But I can't figure out how to do a cat face. I am having fun experimenting though. Even the girl started her own little cat today.

Needle Felting, yay!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures. I was going to ask for some then I thought to check here. Yay for needle felting! Is so stabby and repetitive and soft and obsessive and creative. I so feel you. I can't wait to see the cats.

rae said...

Must. Learn. Needle Felting!

Mommylion said...

I love the stabby softness too. It is the perfect craft.

Rae, you should definitely try needle felting. It is a project that is easy to start and stop, so perfect for a busy person who still wants to have a project.

Jen said...

love this post - I've been wanting to give needle felting a go for a while, but have been a bit scared, you've inspired me though