Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Take Three... Clown Costume COMPLETE!

Remember me griping about sewing the boy's dance costume a few days back? Well, I finally finished it, with little time to spare. Notice the vest is a totally different color now. Yeah, the pink just wasn't working. Not even with pockets. I am glad I remade it though. The white just works better. By the way, if you click on that link, notice how GIGANTIC my daughter's costume is. It is supposed to fit tight like a leotard and not hang halfway down her back. At this point though, I am just grateful I didn't have to make her costume. I could care less that it is huge. What is really odd, is her other dance costume is too small. Go figure.

Their ties are actually much closer in color than they look in this picture. But I suppose stage lights may lighten it up just as much as a camera flash. However, as the tie was the only part of the costume that didn't get remade three times, I believe it will stay as is. 

Both children are less than thrilled at having to try on everything, so ignore the cheesy faces and tense poses. I only have to put a button on the vest to hold it closed and I am done. Just in time for pictures tomorrow! Phew... Sewing for dance recitals will forevermore be on my list of things to weasel out of - for now until eternity. Amen. 

Bribery pictures in the making, don't you think? These photos will some day be worth something. Who knows how much my son will be willing to pay to not have his girlfriend know about these pictures. See? My daughter gets her money making brainstorming skillz from somewhere.

Bummer it took so long though. Between graduation stuff and recital stuff, I totally blew the deadline for the Greenleaf Spring Fling Dollhouse Contest . But I love how my dollhouse is coming along, contest or not. It is a cool dollhouse design with the curved roof. Now that I am not feeling deadline pressure, I can slow down and try some of the crazy ideas I had for it, but wasn't going to attempt in the short timeframe. I can't wait to see all the entries. Now that I know how slowly I work on even smallish dollhouses, I will be more ready to pace myself if they do another contest next year.

Well, off to sew on a button. I wonder how many tries that will take me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candy, these turned out great! The little guy looks thrilled! Heck they both do~

Maria

rae said...

I'm so glad they turned out so well. They are both fittingly adorable! There will be dance videos, yes?

candyn said...

Thanks guys :) I am glad the whole thing is winding down now. Only a few more days and the costumes can be considered dress up clothes. Yay!