Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

What I found on my camera...

My kids borrowed my camera again. We live in a small house so I am always shocked to find things that I am not aware happened. Like this hairdo on my son. What exactly is the look he is going for? Dr. Evil meets Pippi Longstocking? Huh...

And how did I not hear the whistle? My defense is allergy-related exhausted fuzziness that has taken over my brain. Usually my allergies are all about itchiness, swelling and oozing. Since I haven't had that, I figured I was having an easy allergy year. I was wrong. Today I took some Clariton because I had an asthma attack last night and wanted to prevent any more. And boom! Cloudy head cleared, energy returned. I guess I can stop blaming my tiredness on the freelance project I've been doing. And the laundry. No, I am still blaming some of it on the laundry...

Next up, my daughter caught in a random kitchen dance party. Sort of blurry shots as my boy is not one for holding still. 

Step one: Grab the step stool and find the perfect song on the ipod.
Step two: The sassy look over the shoulder pose...
Step three: Whirling, twirling and kicks...
Step four: Sassy shoulder work...
Step five: Break it down!

Aaaarrgghhahh!!! This shot sort of defines my son. I don't really know what that means exactly. It just feels right to say it.
Maybe this little guy has a bit to do with how tired I have been lately... 

Oh, and the last one. You remember the scene in Lord of the Rings where Elrond battles the Orc and the Giant Ground Hog, right? No? Well, obviously my son does. Sadly, here it looks like even though Elrond defeated the fearsome orc, he fell before conquering the loathesome groundhog... Will he survive? Will Legolas come and flash that bewitching smile before saving the day? Will the groundhog see his shadow? Never mind me... I blame the Clariton for robbing my sanity. I also blame the laundry. 

They crack me up, those little people that live here. They certainly keep things interesting.

I have one more picture to share, but I took this one. We recently went to the local pioneer village, and though I only took a couple pictures, I was sure to snap one of my daughter on the world's smallest horse. For whatever reason the pony man put my tall daughter on the tiniest pony there. My daughter loved it, but I have my doubts about the pony's feelings about the whole situation.

Well, that is us right now. Freelance project, tiredness, allergies, unsupervised hair styling, break dancing in the kitchen, small ponies and well... laundry. Happy summer everyone!

3 comments:

eclecticallyyours said...

LOVE the photos!

cousin Deb said...

It's always the laundry's fault!!

Katherine said...

I like the shot with pigtails and tshirt which reads: Awesome Like Dad! Nice. : )