Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Playing around with the blog...

I was browsing around for things to fancy up my blog the other day. There are a lot of places to grab free backgrounds and graphics for your blog out there. Some of them I found were The Cutest Blog On the Block, Simply Chic Blog, Blogaroozer, Hot Bliggity Blog, and The Background Fairy. Such fun, gorgeous graphics and how awesome is it that so many people offer their stuff for free? I love the internet. There is such an inspiring community of artists and gloriously cool folk out there. Gives me hope for the world, you know?

I spent some fun hours playing dress-up with my blog using all those free graphics, but that lead to me wanting to learn how to make my own backgrounds. (I am used to my curiosity getting in the way of a full night of sleep.) I found a tutorial on how to make my own scrolling background, here at The Garden Gnome at Home blog. It was the first time in a long while that I fired up Photoshop for a fun thing instead of something workish. Yay! I used a photo of a little postcard painting I did awhile back. I liked the colors for the edges and thought it worked with my banner.

So, a thank you to all the bloggers out there that take their time to create things for others to use, and that share their knowledge with html challenged folks like me. Prettying up the blog is like the equivalent of changing my virtual room around, inspiring and enjoyable. I think I might have a hard time not changing it all the time actually, now that I know how simple it is.

Wow, I am exhausted. I actually spent today changing my real rooms around. I am obviously in some sort of phase, but it is a good one. I am pleased with our days work today even as I am achey from it. Time to curl up in bed and fall asleep to an audiobook. Goodnight! Wishing everyone happy dreams filled with gorgeous backgrounds and clean organized rooms.

2 comments:

cousin Deb said...

good days/night's work!

Critter's critters said...

I like it, I like it!!