Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I haven't been around here much lately...

We've been walking. Kind of like Forrest Gump when he went out running and just didn't stop. But we do stop for work and eating and sleeping, boring stuff like that. The rest of the time we've been here...

On a wandering trail made of wooden planks. This trail fits my version of Neverland quite nicely.

Running over sand the instant I give the okay to hit the beach. It is too cold. It really is. But do they look like they care? Notice the complete lack of any other insane ones braving the water this day...

Walking with Ents. My kids didn't even notice at the time. I didn't let on because it is hard enough to get these two to come home without involving a walking tree.

Visiting a pirate island. Because what summer is complete without one?

Walking all Hansel and Gretel-like on the above mentioned pirate island, pretending to live a lost boy's life. Parents? What parents?

This is the little bridge the kids were walking across in the above picture. How cool is that? I am thinking I am going to do a pirate themed garden next year. Wooden planks, dune grass and scrubby bushes... You know, that started out as a joke, but as I wrote it down the idea sort of grew on me. Hmmm....

We've been wandering up hills, in and out of days to where the wild things are... The tiny pink dot at the top is my daughter. This path can be scary due to my particular boy child. All tall cliffs and eroding edges. He loves it with ferocious abandon. He is the king of all wild things.

Some of our limbs grew long and feet filled out all puppy-like. Alas, not mine. Lucky, I have strong legs like my mother... to run for cover when I need it. (Shakira for those who are wondering.) Doesn't everyone have that song running through their head 24/7? Or at least when they are trying to put on their autumn jeans? Just me? Huh. Whenever, Wherever... whatever. See how I did that?

We climbed a stairway to heaven while I rolled my terrible eyes, and gnashed my terrible teeth.

See? Heaven. Where water meets sky and straight on till morning.

And more stairs... Lucky I have strong legs like my mother... Mom, you know I love you. This really has nothing to do with your legs and everything to do with a near fatal earworm I am currently battling. You've heard that Shakira song, right? No? Here's a link for you. Writhing, mud, horses, yodeling, something for everyone. You can thank me later. La Lo La Le Lo Le...

We've pondered the reason for the mysterious wheels on the top of a dam.

Dam loud. Ha, ha, ha! Get it? Dam loud? Snort. Lucky that my lips not only mumble... they spill bad puns like a fountain loud clunky dam...

Never could I imagine there were only ten million ways to love somebody... awwww. And the song redeems itself.

All bad puns and songs aside - We are soaking up this time. This week the leaves started to turn and there is a glorious swirl of color and crunching and that tick, tick, tick of the speeding up thing time seems to do as it looks down the barrel of winter. So I imagine we will be packing yet more walks in before we need to see if my strong legs can still fit in my snow pants. Eek!

1 comment:

cousin Deb said...

Lovely walk and conversation. Thanks for taking me with you!