Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dear Only Hearts Club...


Please let boys join the club. Sometimes this little boy likes to play with his sister, and this mother likes to encourage cooperative play. However, that sister doesn't appreciate the presence of a Spiderman action figure camped out in the club headquarters. There have to be some rules, I mean really. Otherwise the word 'club' just sort of loses cohesion. And when simple definitions start to break down, then we might as well all just give ourselves over to chaos.

So doing my part to prevent anarchy, I had an interesting afternoon trying my hand at a gender reassignment surgery. I am thinking poor Lily Rose might need a little more testosterone to make the transformation more complete... but for lack of resources, the hair cut, lipstick removal and Captain America sticker will have to do.

So, meet Luke, the newest member of the Only Hearts Club - local chapter.

6 comments:

val said...

Perfect. love, v

Sara said...

He looks good to me! Well written post - I have similar problems with my boy and girl having toys that they can/will play with together.

Katherine said...

If you give that doll brown eyes, he'll look a lot like your son.

cousin Deb said...

What a great idea!

Heather said...

We've had trouble finding the non-white dolls for my girls. We LOVE those dolls, but would like a little variety too. Boy dolls are perfect, even my girls would love them.

Mommylion said...

Thanks everyone. I was cutting the doll's hair and she kept looking like a sweet girl with a short hairstyle. It wasn't until I put her in a superhero shirt that we all sort of made the jump. If it works for my boy, it works for me.