Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dear Halloween Candy

I am sorry to be the one that has to do this, dear Halloween candy, but I am afraid you have proved immune to my subtle hints. You have overstayed your welcome here. I have to ask you to leave. Especially you, Kit Kat, with your impish cookie crunch that even the gods would find irresistible. And you, Hershey's. There is not a drawer deep enough that can contain your chocolaty temptress self from stealing into my brain as I sit innocently googling weight loss tips. I am afraid our relationship is over.

You have time and again stepped over the rules I established at the beginning of our time together. You refuse to stop seducing me with your brilliant packaging, your intoxicating sweet scent, your bewitching crunchy and chewy textures. So I call halt. Halt to this charade that we can belong together in the same place in time.

Goodbye. Forever.

Or well... until next Halloween.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it's the Mounds that always get me. I cannot be alone with any Mounds. whoa. I do understand. love, Val

Heather said...

So... how did you get rid of it?

candyn said...

I didn't get rid of all of it, to be honest. I just slipped from passive mode (where I pretended that I could avoid eating any) to actively trying to rid the house of the stash as fast as possible. If the kids open any and take a bite or two and then leave the rest I've started tossing it instead of saving them. (Because it is usually me that ends up finishing it anyway.) I sent the stuff that no one is reaching for off to my husband's work crew. I have the kids grab a piece after each meal. Each little bit helps.