Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good Movie - Good Day



We saw The Men Who Stare at Goats today. We weren't sure what to expect since a few people had given us negative reviews. But we really enjoyed the movie. I liked it more than any movie I've seen so far this year, and since it is mid-November either I've seen a lot of bad movies, or this one is pretty good on my scale. It was really different, a quirky combination of hard topics and humor. I could have done without the twenty minutes of hideous previews before the movie. How many zombie/haunted/psycho killer movies do we need in the world, really? But other than those, the whole date was a wonderful experience. Yes, a date! No kids. Movie and dinner afterward. Yay for birthdays!

I am thirty-six today which I think is pretty cool since in ten days my son will be six. The only time in our whole existence that his age will be the square root of my age. I don't know why that tickles me so much. It just does. I guess this might be where my son's fascination for number combinations comes from. Huh...

My kids were looking through youtube today for a birthday video to play me, but then found on my computer one of the videos I made my father a few years back. So we watched that over and over again and it made us so happy so I totally had to share. I can't believe how much they've grown in just a couple years.



This video was actually the first thing I ever shared on this blog. I wrote on a different blog back when I was juggling a full time job and two babies, another lifetime ago it feels like - but I gave that one up after deciding to stay home. After trying over and over to email my dad this video I gave up and started this blog and threw it on here. (A strange little beginning for two-plus years of my rambling thoughts, huh?) But I wanted to repost the video because it makes me smile and I think it is one of the best birthday songs out there. A good way to start a new year for me and my little square root... Forgive me, I am a total doofus. Happy, happy all.

4 comments:

rae said...

Happy Birthday Big Sugar!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!!

val said...

happy birthday, honey! love, Val

K said...

Oh, the ending is so killer. Those sweet little baby voices!
Happy Birthday Big Sugar. love, K