Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Trying to find that holiday rhythm...



This song is helping. I downloaded the album and like it. Though Sting's beard is really messing with my head. With his beard he looks like my biological father and my husband merged into one person and that is just all sorts of messed up. But I can't hold it against the man. I just close my eyes and listen.

We aren't feeling the holiday vibe around here. Typically we start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, but none of us are really there yet and haven't the stamina to drag out the boxes and shift furniture. It has been really grey and rainy and I am guessing that is most of the lag. Once the snow covers the ground, as much as we dread it, it tends to bring the desire for Christmas trees, music and such.

My husband and I are considering doing some projects instead of decorating this weekend. Like painting the toy room and build some shelves out there to house the family's movies and games. It would be great if we actually did that, but I am really tired tonight and it is hard to imagine finding the energy.

Or, I might just put on my new, groovy holiday album, knit and drink hot cider all day. Hmmm... right now that idea is winning.

4 comments:

Critter's critters said...

Here's a little confession... I bought this CD with the intention of giving it to you for your birthday... then I HAD to listen to it (we were out of town... long drive with inviting CD...) so I got you the ornament instead. Too bad you already bought it... I was planning on downloading to my ipod and giving it to you still- because I know your need for Sting during the holidays. I am going to go say 3 hail Mary's. (Is that enough?)

candyn said...

It might surprise you to find out that I don't have the ability to grant absolution of your sins, but I would be impressed if you could remember how to pray the rosary. ;)

No forgiveness needed sister. That is such a sweet thought and now we both own a very nice album. Love you!

Deb said...

Gosh I feel just the same way re Christmas decorating! Do you think the lack of sun has something to do with our lack of energy? I'll look for any excuse I guess.

candyn said...

Yes! I do think lack of sun (and snow) has really played a part. But then again, I too will grab at any excuse :)