Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. WOW!



My husband came home today with my birthday present. Early, he can never wait once he makes up his mind on a gift for someone. (That is one of the reasons I am in charge of buying the Christmas gifts.) This mixer is one of those things that I've always wanted but never really expected to have any time soon.


Meet my precious.

My husband stopped in from work and told me to answer the business phone if it rings because he was taking some laundry downstairs. So when the phone rang I ran out to the kitchen to answer it, totally missing the big box covered by a dishtowel on the counter. (I guess I am not overly observant, but I was focusing on the phone and books.) When I answered the phone my husband's voice said, "Look beside you." I almost dropped the phone. Shocked doesn't even begin to cover how I felt.

I am off to bake the day away.

8 comments:

K said...

Oh jeeeeeeeeeeepers, I am soooooooo jealous! Dang it, that is awesome. Enjoy. And Happy Birthday too! :o)

MiniKat said...

Enjoy! I have the yellow version. Love, love, love it! :-)

Heather said...

Ooooooooooh! Happy early birthday to you!! I'll have to "discuss" your blog with my hubby as a way of dropping hints his way. To think I would have once swooned over silly things like diamonds! ;)

Anonymous said...

Be still my heart. I want one in turquoise.LUCKY.

~Maria

val said...

So what did you bake today? I'll bet it was delicious. love, Val

rae said...

I love, love, love my Kitchenaid. Yay, YOU! Enjoy, birthday girl.

candyn said...

MiniKat, Maria - yellow and turquoise sound so cute and happy.

Heather - is it a sign of maturity that we swoon over appliances instead of jewels :)

Val - I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and choco/coconut chocolate chip macaroons. There was peace in the land.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :) Feeling really spoiled this year.

alana said...

Wahoo! The world will open up.... Funny my husband did that a couple of weeks ago with a cuisinart- you know you've got a good man when they really understand the worth of a good kitchen appliance.