Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

If I had a boat...

If I had a boat
I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony
I'd ride him on my boat
And we could all together
Go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat - Lyle Lovett

I found the most amazing tutorial today on this gorgeous blog. Her artwork just makes me feel like a little kid, basking in imagination and possibilities. And look... Paper mache boats! My art room NEEDS a boat. The kids' room needs a boat. Heck, every room in my house needs one. This WILL be my first craft project of 2010. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Sing me a melody
Sing me a blues
Walk through the bottom land without no shoes
The Brazos, she's running scared
She heard the news
Walk through the bottom land without no shoes...

The Brazos river, where Lyle lives in Texas, around the corner from College Station. We've been down and seen the Brazos running scared. Its an awesome river. With alligators! Perfect for a good strong boat.

Anonymous said...

"kiss my ass
I bought a boat
I"m going out to sea"

I remember when I first heard this song, and it blew me away. Lyle has that effect. I mean, look what it did to Julia...

Mommylion said...

K, I learned to love Lyle from my sister, she also lived in College Station. I wonder if she saw the Brazos? I'll have to ask.

Lyle does have quite an effect, for such a interesting looking fellow. ;0)

"And I said ooh give back my heart chipkicker-redneck woman
Take your boots and walk out of my life
Ooh give back my heart chipkicker-redneck woman
I can't be no cowgirl paradise"

Another one of my favorites.