Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The sky like fire...

Warmed my February-chilled world.

Doesn't that just scream, "The SUN! Be warm!"?

I grabbed the camera and had barely five minutes left of this amazing blaze in the sky. I didn't have time to scrape the car or I would have slipped and skidded to the lakefront for photos. But I took what I could get which was my window view through trees, over industry and into the reason I stay in Michigan. Those colors! Like vitamins for the soul.

A bit of trivia - The smoke stackish thing above the roof line at the bottom of the picture is in fact a stack that makes smoke. Coal smoke. At least it does when the weather allows for across-the-lake tourist travel on the local carferry. It is not actually right next door like this picture makes it seem. I didn't realize the zoom on my little point and shoot camera was so wicked awesome until now.

I like a sunset like this against the starkness of winter even better than such a view on a glorious summer eve. It is like biting into a ruby red grapefruit, stunned and almost drunk on its juice, just when you think you can't stand the offerings of winter one second more. A reminder of what lies beneath the endless white and gray. Color. Vitality. Warmth.

Ah... a fine winter's eve indeed. A song to end on then? Can't go wrong with this one tonight...



Ah, yes. Sing it, Sarah.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog! I don't know what I'm doing yet so please bear with me.

Agnes Sim said...

lovely sky. ;-)

Unknown said...

beautiful sky :-)

kaydensmommy4e