Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


We've had such a lovely laid back weekend. Today I decided to go all out with a special Valentine's breakfast. Loaded waffles, like dessert for breakfast. Homemade waffles, with homemade blueberry sauce, strawberries, bananas, almond slices, whipped cream (flavored with a bit of vanilla) and a sprinkle of granola. Mmmmmm!!! The best part about this breakfast is there is very little extra sugar, just what is present naturally in the fruit and in the bit of granola on top. I sweeten the blueberry syrup with a bit of stevia. We're all happy when we indulge in this for breakfast!

Then while the kids took the daddy and dog out to play in the snow, I played around with my blog. I've been trying to turn it into a three column blog for a long time. I don't know why. I just wanted too have more space to play with. I finally succeeded! Without blowing up the whole darn thing too. But then I realized the old header and backing weren't working anymore. So I drew some little bright houses in photoshop for a new header. So now my blog is all happy colors and ready for the seasons to change! But if anyone notices anything weird, or something isn't showing up, loading slowly, etc. Please let me know. I am not done messing around with everything yet, so changes would be easy to make!

Finally, I just have to share this photo...


My two youngest 'puppies' sitting in the puppy crate. That look on his face captures his personality so well. Such a lovable little scamp. I could eat him up I love him so!

Hope everyone's holiday is filled with sweetness and light!

4 comments:

Deb said...

That waffle looks so good! Do you give out recipes? Your little critters look pretty good too!

candyn said...

I'll look up the waffle recipe Deb. So far I have just used the quick waffle recipe that came with my waffle iron. I don't think it is the best waffle recipe ever or anything, but it is quick and the whole family likes them. So works for me.

Then I top them with blueberry syrup (frozen blueberries warmed in a saucepan, sweetened with stevia and thickened a bit with cornstarch), sliced strawberries, bananas, almonds, whipping cream and a sprinkle of granola.

Just something that feels really special, but actually has very little extra sugar. Win/Win. :0)

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

All I can say is Yum.

Agnes Sim said...

you make it? yoyo yummy yummy!! ^_^
agnes from swap-bot