Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Diamonds in the Rough

I've been sick... blah, blah, blah. I've covered that already, haven't I? But this isn't a post to complain about the wretched illness that has taken over our spring. (Truly.) It is a post to celebrate the wonderful that happened even during the unlovely.

Like this gorgeous bit of good mail. Remember when I wrote about buying two prints on etsy, back when I was moaning about taxes instead of ill-health? I purchased this print from this amazing artist. Here's a link to her website too. I received this in the mail on one of my lowest days. What a perfect package to brighten my spirits. Look at the lovely colors. And I just adore it when artists take the time to write a little personal note! It is like getting a celebrity autograph. Even the envelope was beautiful (you can see it sticking out from under the print on the right.) I love when the creativity oozes out onto even the packaging materials.

Good mail wasn't all I received that day either. My mom dropped off this little care package of homemade pumpkin bread and lots of Campbells Chicken Soup. She offered to make homemade but I had a weird craving for canned soup. Silly me, because my mom's soup is delicious! Basically it was because I had no ability to taste and I figured the salt from the canned soup might cut through some of the fog. She also brought some frozen italian ice treats that I forgot to put in the picture. My mom is awesome!

And then, there is this puppy. How cute is this picture my daughter took? It reminds me of that product line with the big headed dogs. This puppy was very generous with cuddles and love for all of us sicklings. So comforting. I am glad we gave into the wild impulsive urge to get a dog. She's been such a joy!

Just wanted to share these bright spots in our last couple of gray and lumpy sort of weeks. We are all nicely on the mend now and itching to join the spring fun - Just in time for the weekend. Thank goodness.

Wishing everyone a healthy and sunny weekend!

4 comments:

The Creative Place said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and shared these wonderful little bits of sunshine :) It's SO no fun to be sick, especially in the spring when the outdoors is so wonderful! But what fun all these sweet things are! :) That print is absolutely gorgeous, I'm adding that seller as a fave. The soup and bread looks delicious, yay for moms! :) And the puppy! Is it a miniature schnauzer?! We have a black miniature schnauzer and we just love him to pieces!

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog- I LOVED reading about how you organize- it has definitely given me some inspiration and ideas as I put my planner together! Thank you! :)

I hope you and yours continue to feel better and that you have a lovely weekend :)

val said...

What a great post: art, chicken noodle soup, the kind you specifically requested, and a cute puppy. I hope you're feeling better. That robot shirt is gorgeous... love, V

candyn said...

The Creative Place - thanks for your nice comment :0) My dog is half schnauzer and half poodle, and is she is just a sweetheart. Maybe it is a schnauzer trait to have a good disposition?

Val - Thanks! I am starting to feel better, but it is going a lot slower than I'd like. Testing my patience! lol

Deb said...

I'm so glad you're on the mend. I'll have to show the batik idea to my daughter, she ruined my electric frying pan doing the real thing!