Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

I thought I was ready...

I'm not. Oh what a difference ten days can make.

Edited to add: I just looked at posts last year to see when it first snowed enough to stick on the ground in 2009. Not until December! We were still hiking in our light jackets at the end of November last year. No wonder I am feeling a little shocked to look out the window and see the promise of chilled toes. Not that snow in November is any mysterious thing in Michigan. Not mysterious, but not entirely welcome either. Off to find my slippers and more than likely, bake something. Nothing like warm pumpkin bread to help me stare in the face of winter without wincing.

3 comments:

Deb said...

We're having a humonguous rain storm up here!!

Katherine said...

Oh honey bunny, we're expecting our first frost tonight so I just picked all the peppers and the last bouquet of roses. And I'm reminded just now to go throw a blanket over the herbs. Here's to a delicious winter!

candyn said...

Winter can be long and delicious, it is true. Must bring out the blankets, make some cocoa and wrap my mind around the whole situation, right? :0)