Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Hermione and Harry belong to me. The cute little Toy Story characters are my nephews. It started out raining but cleared up pretty quickly. We were grateful for costumes that worked nicely with many layers of warm clothing.  What you can't see in the photo is that under the robes my children are also wearing Gryffindor sweaters. Thanks to a daddy that spoils them with store bought costumes as much as their mom does with handmade ones. What can I say? We love Halloween around here.  Costumes, people handing out candy freely and walking around outside under the stars with friends and family. What is not to love?

The children weren't the only critters in our household to have Halloween fun this weekend, however. As usual, my husband and I attended one of the best Halloween parties on the planet. I am lucky enough to have a friend who is Queen of Halloween. She decks out her home for the holiday so amazingly that it deserves to be the focus of a tv special or something like that.

This year my sister and brother-in-law joined us at the party and were a welcome addition to the evening. We dressed as the crew from Scooby Doo.  The party even had a photo booth set up. How cool is that? I'm glad for these pictures especially because the ones taken in the low light of the party turned out less than flattering for all involved. 
Check out my husband with hair! Quite a cute Shaggy if I do say so myself. :0)

Whew! Now I guess it is just weeks until that white stuff covers the ground and Christmas music starts playing at the stores. Wow! How did we get here so quickly?!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Halloween! Cute kids. :)

Mummy Dearest said...

Wow -- such creative efforts going on in your house! And all those costumes from Halloweens past -- so wonderful! Happy fall -- and the colors here are completely gone, but there is a spare beauty to the empty woods as winter looms...

Deb said...

The kids look great! Your party looks rather fun too!

candyn said...

Thanks everyone! :0)

Mummy Dearest - our colors are gone now too. One big windstorm that started the day after I took those pictures and lasted two days. It seemed to usher in winter in earnest. Brrrrr.... I always think I'm ready for the cold, but never really am.