Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My weekend looked something like this...

A weekend shindig with my beautiful cousins (the girls that is). There was constant chatter, foo-foo drinks, the passing around of a gorgeous baby, a memorable trip to a gigantic vitamin store and hula hoops. It was time well spent! I am now a strange combination of refreshed and exhausted.


The hula hoops were my contribution to the party. Here they are mixed with our family hoops looking all candylicious. I was a hula hoop making machine before I left. :0)

I had such a good time and I love that I am close to my cousins even this far into adulthood. Now I am getting back to the 'real' world. And ughhh.... the news in Japan is just constantly on my mind. I wish there was something more I could do than just push paypal buttons with my measly contributions. Does anyone else find it hard to balance such big, bad world news with regular days?  My spirit doesn't always know how to juggle the polarity of it all. I guess it is a lesson to be grateful for what we have, when we have it. And today, I am grateful for my beautiful family. Sending love to all!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I wish I were one of your cousins! It is hard to hear about everything in Japan and then look at our own lives.

hlbudnik said...

That cousin on the bottom right is pretty adorable : )! Love your site, love your articles. I'm with you on Japan. While I was outside today running around in the sun with Mitch I stopped and was just thankful for a moment. Those poor people in Japan, I am shocked and in awe that even in the midst of chaos and horror they are calm and respectful of each other. Still, it's all so difficult to comprehend.
LOVE the hula hoops . . . still!
XO

candyn said...

That cousin on the bottom right is completely adorable! :0)