Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

What a week!

A neighbor bird, perhaps a bit confused with the quick weather change.

This week started with paying taxes. Then spring disappeared behind 30 mph winds and under a few inches of snow. Then yesterday my whole family woke up with sore throats. Uh oh. Yep. Pretty quickly we moved up to popsicles, headaches and puke buckets as we all succumbed to an ugly spring bug. Not very fun. Nope.

BUT... Today the snow is mostly melted and the sun is out. We are on the mend. AND!

I won a blog contest! Here. Yay! I believe this is the first time I won a blog contest. It was a contest held by the Green Bag Lady, and cosponsored by Whisker Graphics and Janet Setter Jewelry. I feel like a little kid. I am so excited about winning. The bag, the twine sampler, and the Janet Setter necklace! I mean, it is fun to win anything, but especially when it is something that really 'fits' me. I saw the pendant on the blog and fell in love, and I have a long standing love for Whisker Graphics twine, and am so inspired by the Green Bag Lady. So yay!

Have you heard of the Green Bag Lady and what she does on her blog? Here is a link to her inspiring story. I discovered her blog through Whisker Graphics blog (which I stalk due to my insatiable love of her twine) and am so glad that I did. The Green Bag Lady gives away fabric bags in exchange for a promise to use it instead of plastic. At the time of writing this post she had given away 15,312 bags. Wow! Right? I love the idea of art changing the world, making a true difference. Theresa, the Green Bag Lady and her team of Bagettes is the ultimate example of this in action. Perfectly inspiring and timely story as Earth Day is tomorrow.

This is such a pick me up. It took me two hours to finish this blog post with all the soothing, ginger-ale bringing, head-cooling and popsicle fetching (not to mention the more disgusting things, blech) and I am still feeling punky too - So every bit helps right now. The sun outside promises that spring was just hiding briefly, and my boy is improved enough that I know the rest of us will follow suit soon. Winning the contest helped slap me out of the paying-our-taxes blues. There is a flip side to everything, isn't there? It is good to remember that.

So right now I am going to indulge in my favorite coconut frozen pops that my husband picked up for me this morning. My sore throat (and my taste buds) hanker for one. See? No guilt treats. A bright side to illness.

Onward to a weekend that promises to be busy. A sort of kick off to a whole season that promises to be busy. Staring with Earth Day/Good Friday, Easter and we might even have a piano lesson thrown in there for good measure. Maybe. We might end up with a quiet on-the-mend sort of weekend if things don't improve around here quickly. And that would be fine too.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy weekend filled with the bright side of things!

1 comment:

Sparklee said...

Congratulations! Glad you're feeling better!

I hadn't heard of the Green Bag Lady, so I'll definitely check out the link!